Want to burn some serious calories? Then, you must give this one a try.
This circuit is composed of four body weight plyometric (aka, explosive movement) exercises performed in a interval format.
The goal is to perform as many repetitions as possible within the time limit. You also want to move as fast as you can to maintain the intensity high and maximise the calorie burn.Here is the breakdown of the workout:
- squat hop
- pulsing lunges with jump switch
- inchworm to plank walk with a hop
- explosive wood chop right
- explosive wood chop left
- Beginners – each exercise should be performed for 30 seconds with a 30 seconds rest between exercises.
- Pro – perform as many reps as possible in 45 seconds with a mere 15 seconds rest between exercises.
Number of rounds
- Quickie – perform 3 rounds, resting no more than 2 minutes between rounds. Duration: 15 minutes plus rest.
- Full version – perform 5 rounds, resting no more than 2 minutes between rounds. Duration: 25 minutes plus rest.
Have a blast!